Munavalgekook (Egg White Cake)
original recipe link
little teochew egg white cake link
I did half the recipe, yield 8 standard muffin size portion.
– 3 large egg whites
– 110g caster sugar (can cut down to 80g which I did, especially if you intend to dust with icing sugar)
– 80g plain/all-purpose flour
– 1/2 heaped tbsp potato starch or cornflour (I used cornflour)
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 50g melted butter (just under a stick), slightly cooled
– 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
1. Whisk the egg whites with 1 tbsps of sugar until thick and pale and very foamy.
2. Mix the rest of the sugar with flour, potato starch (or corn flour) and baking powder, then sift into the egg mixture and fold in gently.
3. Finally fold in cool melted butter.
4. Pour the batter into a buttered bundt-form and bake in a pre-heated 180°C oven for 25minutes. Test for doneness with a wooden toothpick.
5. leave it to cool down.
On day 2. Packed for lil missy for tea break in school.
Tasted softer n tastier..