This muffin make a hit in the baking forum Last year. I only managed to try it now. Heard it was a hit in the Taiwan bakery..
Am so glad I Tried it out.. it’s so yummilicious… though I had never ate the ones from Taiwan before.
I did some adjustment for my version in bold beside the original recipe.
Longan Walnut Muffin by Uginia Eugenia Uniflora
Serving: 10 muffins
75g Dried longan
100g Brown Sugar ( I used 70g , black sugar )
100g Butter, melt
160g Plain flour
Pinch of salt ( I omitted since I used salted butter )
1tsp Baking powder
1/2tsp Baking soda
80g walnut – roast and cut into cubes (keep 30g to sprinkle on top of muffin before baking)
1) Soak dried longan into Yakult for 1hr.
2) Drain the soaked longan, yakult set aside for later use.
3) Beat eggs and sugar until well combined. Then add in cooled melted butter and Yakult to mix well.
4) In another bowl, add in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to mix well. Then add all dry mixed ingredients into the batter and mix until well combined.
5) Use spatula to mix dried longan and 50g walnut into the batter.
6) Scoop the batter into cupcake liners about 80% full. Sprinkle the remainder walnut on top of the batter.
7) Bake in preheated oven of 180℃ for 20-25mins
Note by simmami
The batter is slightly runny compared to the usual muffin batter but it’s perfectly alright.
I felt the amount of longan can still increase.
If you don’t have a sweet sweet tooth, pls reduce the amt of sugar.