Recipe adapted from
aunty yochana chiffon cake
I did mine in 7″ pan … wordings in bold are what I used…
Ingredients for egg yolk mixture:
6 egg yolks / 3 egg yolks
2 Tbsp Pandan juice / 2 tbsp pandan extract homemade
150 gm. coconut milk / 75g coconut milk
1/4 tsp. salt / 1/8 tsp salt
4 tbsp. Corn oil / 2 tbsp corn oil
1 tsp. Pandan Paste ( i omitted )
1/4 tsp. Green colouring ( i omitted )
80 gm. caster sugar / 25g caster sugar
140 gm. Cake flour / 70g cake flour
Egg White Mixture:
6 egg white / 3 egg whites
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar / 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
100 gm caster sugar/ 50g caster sugar
(1) Mix all the egg yolk ingredients together and stir till smooth.
This is how my batter looked like
(2) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar and gradually pour in the sugar. Whisk at high speed until frothy and stiff peak forms.
Egg white + cream of Tartar + sugar
(3) Gently fold egg yolk mixture with egg white mixture until blended.
(4) Pour into a 9″ (23 cm) tube pan. Bake at 170C for about 40 to 45 min.s or until cooked.
I used 7″ bake at 170c for 15min lower to 150c for 35min.
(5) Remove from oven, invert cake onto cooling rack until completely cooled before removing from the pan.
Out from oven.. cracks n slightly burnt
It shrink after cooling down.
Unfounded from the pan.
(6) Slice and serve.
Managed to achieved the texture and taste
Though there are cracks
Will get again to get a good looking good tasting chiffon cake.
Please adjust temp n timing according to how your oven works.