So happy that I came up with this recipe using wholegrain flour replacing parts of normal flour..
I had tasted a wholegrain banana cake before, they called it banana bread, I guessed is bcoz of the texture… which am not a fan of it…
I would have omit the sugar if am not aiming to whisk the eggs to a ribbon stage. So I used 1/4 of the sugar in a usual recipe…
I really didn’t pin on much hope that it turns out awesomely good.. at least edible I hope .. the kids will eat it…
BUT to my surprise…
the taste n texture is awesome.. not too heavy, soft and spongy just like my other banana cake that I highly raved.
Now my family have another healthier choice of cake in my list…
6 eggs – 65g including shell.
60g caster sugar
500g banana – I mashed it using a fork.
150g superfine wholegrain flour (prima brand)
150g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
200g corn oil
1) Preheat oven to 170C.
2) prepare disposable loaf pan x 3
3) Sieve cake flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
4) Use an electric stand mixer to whisk eggs, caster sugar till ribbon stage.
5) Fold in the flour using a Balloon hand whisk and mix well.
Add in mashed banana alternated with flour. Don’t over mix.
6) Add oil into 1/3 of the batter in a separate bowl and mix well before adding to the rest of the batter. Mix until glossy.
7) Fill prepared baking pan with batter and bake for 40-45 mins or until skewer inserted and comes out clean.
if u ended up with Kueh like cake
It means u over mixed it n it’s get too heavy
Or you added too much banana..