The cousin intro this recipe from create eat happy after my failure pancake the other day.
The recipe is a keeper. I made some changes to suit the kids taste. Made them smaller, instead of making 6 , I had 12 pieces instead.
I was Wow when I tried it before giving it to the kiddos. Its firm yet fluffy soft. Sweetness is just right after reducing the sugar. Got a hint of coconut smell because I used vco instead. Doesn’t even need the syrup. Its good on it’s own.
OK byebye premix and MacDonald pancakes…
This is my version, I made some changes to the original recipe.
Make 12 mini pancakes
(Using soup spoon to measure)
100g cake flour
2 tblsp. sugar
1 tblsp. corn starch
1/2 tblsp. baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 egg – my egg is 65g including shell
90ml milk or 100ml (if ur egg is 55g without shell)
1 tblsp. Vco
1. Sift in dry ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well with a Hand whisk.
2. Beat an egg in a different bowl, add milk, and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (1.) 1/3 at a time, and mix just until you don’t see any lumps of flour.
4. Add vco and mix again. *DO NOT mix too much!
5. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over low flame.
7. pour about 1 tblsp of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface..I had a lid to cover the pan.
8. Flip with a spatula, then cook for a minute until browned on the other side. Repeat the steps to complete the rest.
As my egg is bigger so I reduced the liquid. If not the batter will be too thin and pancake won’t be fluffy.
I find that covering the batter while waiting for the bubbles to be formed helps to make it more fluffy.
Replacement of flour, yes but I have to let us know the texture will be differ as well.
Replacement of oil, I would recommend corn oil, sunflower oil, grape oil, olive oil .. not those cooking oil like knife brand etc
Vco = VIRGIN COCONUT OIL, you can get it from supermarket. I ordered mine from iherbs.
You can wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze to eat later.
Microwave for a minute and you can enjoy fresh and fluffy pancake 🙂