Blueberries pancakes for the kiddos breakfast.. these attackers took away the pancakes onces its done. And we finished up all the pancakes today.
Awesomely good with fresh chopped blueberries, vanilla beans…
Make 12 mini pancakes
(Using soup spoon to measure)
100g cake flour
2 tblsp. sugar
1 tblsp. corn starch
1/2 tblsp. baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla bean
1 egg – my egg is 65g including shell
90ml milk ( fresh milk/ full cream milk)
1 tblsp. Corn oil
Chopped blueberries up to your preference. I used half a box.
1. Sift in dry ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well with a Hand whisk.
2. Beat an egg in a different bowl, add milk, and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (1.) 1/3 at a time, and mix just until you don’t see any lumps of flour.
4. Add oil and mix again. *DO NOT mix too much!
5. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for 5 minutes..after that add in the chopped blueberries. Give it a stir to mix well.
6. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over low flame. DO NOT spread oil or butter on your pan if you wanna a nicely brown crust on your pancakes.
7. pour about 1 tblsp of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface..I had a lid to cover the pan.
8. Flip with a spatula, then cook for a minute until browned on the other side. Repeat the steps to complete the rest.
As my egg is bigger so I reduced the liquid. If not the batter will be too thin and pancake won’t be fluffy.
I find that covering the batter while waiting for the bubbles to be formed helps to make it more fluffy.
Replacement of flour, yes but I have to let u know the texture will be differ as well.
Replacement of oil, I would recommend corn oil, sunflower oil, grape oil, olive oil .. not those cooking oil like knife brand etc
You can wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze to eat later.
Microwave for a minute and you can enjoy fresh and fluffy pancake:)