Strawberry pancakes for the kiddos breakfast. Finally this is the LAST week to school reopen!!!! Count down!! Paiseh if u r sick of looking at my pancakes …served with yogurt
Make 9 pancakes
(Using soup spoon to measure 1.5scope each)
100g cake flour
1-2 tblsp. sugar
1 tblsp. corn starch
1/2 tblsp. baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla bean
55g egg ( without shells)
100ml milk ( fresh milk/ full cream milk)
1 tblsp. Vco ( virgin coconut oil)
Chopped strawberries up to your preference. I used 4 pieces.
1. Sift in dry ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well with a Hand whisk.
2. Beat an egg in a different bowl, add milk, and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (1.) 1/3 at a time, and mix just until you don’t see any lumps of flour.
4. Add oil and mix again. *DO NOT mix too much!
5. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for 5 minutes..after that add in the chopped blueberries. Give it a stir to mix well.
6. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over low flame. DO NOT spread oil or butter on your pan if you wanna a nicely brown crust on your pancakes.
7. pour about 1 tblsp of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface..I had a lid to cover the pan.
8. Flip with a spatula, then cook for a minute until browned on the other side. Repeat the steps to complete the rest.
I find that covering the batter while waiting for the bubbles to be formed helps to make it more fluffy.
Replacement of flour, yes but I have to let u know the texture will be differ as well.
Replacement of oil, I would recommend vco, corn oil, sunflower oil, grape oil, olive oil .. not those cooking oil like knife brand etc
You can wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze to eat later.
Microwave for a minute and you can enjoy fresh and fluffy pancake 🙂