The crazy mum is up to an experiment mood on pancake again…. this time we had dlb chocolate hotcakes… how does that sound??? Its so chocolatey! So rich yet fluffy!!!!! just like eating a piece of chocolate cake.
So if u have no oven, this is just right for you to settle something easy and yummy.
I had extra to keep it frozen for their snack the next day.
Make 11-12 pancakes ( using 1.5 tablespoon scope )
80g cake flour
20g coco powder
3 tblsp. sugar
1 tblsp. corn starch
1/2 tblsp. baking powder
a pinch of salt
53g beaten egg
110ml fresh milk/ any full cream/uht milk
1/4 tsp vanilla bean / vanilla essence
1 tblsp. Corn oil
2 tablespoon chocolate rice / chocolate chips
1. Sift in dry ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well with a Hand whisk.
2. Beat an egg in a different bowl, add milk, and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (1.) 1/3 at a time, and mix just until you don’t see any lumps of flour.
4. Add oil and mix again.
*DO NOT mix too much!
5. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for 5 minutes.
5a.Add in the chocolate rice/chip lastly when you are ready to make your pancakes.
6. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over low flame.
7. pour about 1.5 tblsp of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface..I had a lid to cover the pan.
8. Flip with a spatula, then cook for a minute until browned on the other side. Repeat the steps to complete the rest.
When bubbles starts to appear… you can starts to flip when it’s firm enough. Do not attempt to flip before it’s firm enough.
Nice Matt surface without any oil greased on the nonstick pan.
Using my favorite non stick pan.
We are ready for our breakfast
DO not grease your pan if you are using a nonstick pan. In order to get a nice matt surface.
I find that covering the batter while waiting for the bubbles to be formed helps to make it more fluffy.
Replacement of flour, yes but I have to let us know the texture will be differ as well.
Replacement of oil, I would recommend corn oil, sunflower oil, grape oil, olive oil .. not those cooking oil like knife brand etc
You can wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze to eat later.
Microwave for a minute and you can enjoy fresh and fluffy pancake
For others pancakes flavour you can visit: