Its breakfast all day today. Made some blueberries orange pancakes for lunch served with yogurt for the kiddo lunch.
Someone requested me to come up with a pancake recipe that doesn’t request milk or yogurt. So here u goes… as well as those who can’t take milk in their diet. This might suit you.
Its so orangish smell and taste with a touch of sweet berries inside…. and most Important it’s fluffy and light.
100g cake flour
1.5 – 2 tblsp. sugar
1 tblsp. corn starch
1/2 tblsp. baking powder
a pinch of salt
53g beaten egg
100ml orange juice and
1 tblsp. Corn oil
blueberries – cut into 4s I used half a box.
1. Sift in dry ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well with a balloon whisk.
2. Beat an egg in a different bowl, add orange juice and zest, and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (1.) 1/3 at a time, and mix just until you don’t see any lumps of flour.
4. Lastly corn oil and mix again. *DO NOT mix too much!
5. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over low flame..Do Not Grease if you want a matt looking surface.
6a. Add in the blueberries once the pan are heated up.
7. pour about 1- 1.5 tblsp of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface..I had a lid to cover the pan.
8. Flip with a spatula, then cook for a minute until browned on the other side. Repeat the steps to complete the rest.
– Notes please read –
If your pancake became harden, rubbery it means you overmixed it.
I find that covering the batter while waiting for the bubbles to be formed helps to make it more fluffy.
Replacement of flour, yes but I have to let us know the texture will be differ as well. You can use plain flour + baking powder or self raising flour and omit the baking powder.
Replacement of oil, I would recommend corn oil, sunflower oil, grape oil, olive oil .. not those cooking oil like knife brand etc
Balance pancakes which you can’t finished or you wanna make extra
You can wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze to eat later.
Microwave for a minute and you can enjoy fresh and fluffy pancake:)