The mami look like a zombie now after having a horrible night with them. But breakfast still need to be done.
So today we have new flavour in the house. PANDAN Pancakes using VCO (virgin coconut oil) without coconut milk, it still taste very fragrant. And it’s light, fluffy. Best thing is after 30min when it’s cool down, it didn’t harden up and still can do a blend without breaking.
100g cake flour
2 tblsp. sugar
1 tblsp. corn starch
1/2 tblsp. baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 egg – my egg is 65g including shell
1 tblsp. Vco
1-2 drop of pandan paste
1. Sift in dry ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well with a balloon whisk.
2. Beat an egg in a different bowl, add milk, 1-2 drop of pandan paste and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (1.) 1/3 at a time, and mix just until you don’t see any lumps of flour.
4. Add vco and mix again. *DO NOT mix too much!
5. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over low flame.
7. pour about 1 tblsp of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface..I had a lid to cover the pan.
8. Flip with a spatula, then cook for a minute until browned on the other side. Repeat the steps to complete the rest.
As my egg is bigger so I reduced the liquid. If not the batter will be too thin and pancake won’t be fluffy.
I find that covering the batter while waiting for the bubbles to be formed helps to make it more fluffy.
Replacement of flour, yes but I have to let us know the texture will be differ as well.
Replacement of oil, I would recommend corn oil, sunflower oil, grape oil, olive oil .. not those cooking oil like knife brand etc
Vco = VIRGIN COCONUT OIL, you can get it from supermarket. I ordered mine from iherbs.
To get a Matt surface Do NOT oil your pan.
You can wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze to eat later.
Microwave for a minute and you can enjoy fresh and fluffy pancake:)
This is the pandan paste am using, if u are in sg, can get it from
Lee bee @ jurong west st52 market area
Sun lik in town near to Raffles hotel
Kitchen caper @ Kent ridge nuh branch or their main branch (pls check their site for addy)