I made honey pancakes on national day but I still feel it can be better though it tasted good. So today breakfast, I improvised it. And to make the kiddos happy…. I added their favourite cheese as filling. Pancake with filling.. haha doesn’t it look like doraemon favourite food – dorayaki?
No no… it’s simmami’s honey pancake with cheese.
It just balance so well. That they had 2 serving each.
Happy kiddos = happy mum.
Make 12 pancakes ( using 1tbslp scope)
100g cake flour
1 tblsp. corn starch
1/2 tblsp. baking powder
1 egg – my egg is 65g (including shell)
90ml milk -( full cream/uht/fresh milk )
2 – 3 tblsp honey ( use 3 if u have sweet tooth)
20g unsalted butter – melt it
Note: if you are using 55g egg(exclude shell), up the milk to 100ml
1. Sift in dry ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well with a balloon whisk.
2. Mix in all the liquid into a cup. Slightly mix well.
3. Add all (2) into (1) and mix just until you don’t see any lumps of flour. DO Not over mix it.
4.Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over low flame..Do Not Grease if you want a matt looking surface.
6.pour about 1 tblsp of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface..I had a lid to cover the pan.
7. Flip with a spatula, then cook for a minute until browned on the other side. Repeat the steps to complete the rest.
– Notes please read –
If your pancake became harden, rubbery it means you overmixed it.
I find that covering the batter while waiting for the bubbles to be formed helps to make it more fluffy.
Replacement of flour, yes but I have to let us know the texture will be differ as well. You can use plain flour + baking powder or self raising flour and omit the baking powder.
Replacement of oil, I would recommend corn oil, sunflower oil, grape oil, olive oil .. not those cooking oil like knife brand etc
Balance pancakes which you can’t finished or you wanna make extra
You can wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze to eat later.
Microwave for a minute and you can enjoy fresh and fluffy pancake:)