It had been many years since I had butter cake because no one is a fan of it. And I won’t purposely go buy a slice of it and of coz is the scary amount of calories available..
But I had 2 pieces of butter tats going to expire next month…. so I decided to give it a try to see whether the kids will like it.
Using alex goh butter cake recipe with a twist to make it into a marble cake…. the kiddos had 3 slices after it cooled Down. I believed tml, it will taste better.
Marble butter cake
I must highly raved that it tasted so good… it’s firm, moist and soft not too crumbles dropping out while cutting. worth all the calories… opps
This is the book that I get my recipe from
It been a really old book available at home.
I chosen the separate egg method. More work but all worth it.
( click onto the pic to get a clearer image to see the recipe )
- I reduced the sugar For part (c)from (170g to 120g)
- Added in 1tsp vanilla bean.
- Added 4 tbslp of fresh milk after beating butter and sugar. Beat till well combine.
- Scope out 1/2 rice bowl of batter for the coco swirl.
- Use 1 tablespoon extra dark hersay coco powder for the choco swirl batter. ( you can use any coco powder available) add 1 tablespoon of milk so that the batter doesnt get too dry.
- I made 2x the recipe and gotta 7 small loaf. Baked for 35min 170 degree. ( my oven temp)