Alots of work and time needed but it’s all worth the trouble… Dun envy… make urs soon… this is the 2nd time I made these fabulous broth. The first time was 2yrs ago…
Starting to cook – timing set 4-5hrs
( click into to view the vid)
4 hours of cooking, it’s gonna be all worth it. This is the 2nd time I made collegen broth. This time I added in something extra to replaced the nut as my lil hunk is allergy to nuts.
Have u spotted what’s that?
Yes, black eyed peas. They have very high nutrient values.( go read abt it on net)
Gonna cool it, frozen it for the kiddos meals.
( click into the bid to view)
Removing the fats and get the collegen broth ..
Broth to be cool down before putting into the fridge.
over the night, it solidified. And time to remove the fats
The wobble wobbly can dance collegen
- 2 -3 Huge Pork Bones
- 2 Chicken Carcass
- 200g black eyed peas
- 4.5L Water
- Soak the black eyed peas while you are preparing the ingredients.
- Rinse pork bones, chicken carcass, chicken feet, parboil them for 3 to 5mins. Rinse again. I did it 4x repeating the method because it’s really full of blood from the pork bones ..
- In a big soup pot, add in everything. Bring to a boil for 20mins using high heat. Then reduce heat and simmer the soup over low heat for 4 hours.
- After simmering the bones for several hours, remove all the bones and strain the broth. I strained the broth 2 time through a very fine hair sieve. Can use immediately by seasoning it with some salt or use with other broth available for taste.
- Leave it to cool then put it into the fridge for it to solidified to remove the fats oil easily.
- It can be frozen up to a month in the freezer and months in the deep chest freezer.