I haven’t make pancakes for sometimes. So today made some for the kiddos breakfast…
She wanna blueberries In the pancakes.And I have lemon…. so decided to do homemade buttermilk for the pancakes..
And so we had blueberries buttermilk pancakes. they are so yummy with big chunks of blueberries in every bites.
100g cake flour
1.5 – 2 tblsp. sugar
1 tblsp. corn starch
1/2 tblsp. baking power
1 egg – my egg is 65g including shell
90ml buttermilk ***
1 tblsp. Corn oil
Chopped blueberries up to your preference. I used half a box.
*** to make buttermilk, add in 1/2 tsp lemon juice to full cream/ fresh milk. Leave it aside while you prepare your other ingredients.
If your beaten egg is 55g, use 100ml milk
You will get something like this..
1. Sift in dry ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well with a Hand whisk.
2. Prepare (B) Beat an egg in a different bowl, add Buttermilk and oil and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (1.) 1/3 at a time, and mix just until you don’t see any lumps of flour.
Do Not OVER MIX!!!!
4. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for 5 minutes..after that add in the chopped blueberries(C).
Give it a stir to mix well.
5. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over low flame. DO NOT spread oil or butter on your pan if you wanna a nicely brown crust on your pancakes.
6. pour about 1 tblsp of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface..I had a lid to cover the pan.
7. Flip with a spatula, then cook for a minute until browned on the other side. Repeat the steps to complete the rest.
- As my egg is bigger so I reduced the liquid. If not the batter will be too thin and pancake won’t be fluffy.
- I find that covering the batter while waiting for the bubbles to be formed helps to make it more fluffy
- Replacement of flour, yes but I have to let u know the texture will be differ as well.
- Replacement of oil, I would recommend corn oil, sunflower oil, grape oil, olive oil .. not those cooking oil like knife brand etc
You can wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze to eat later.
Microwave for a minute and you can enjoy fresh and fluffy pancake:)