Never bake when your brain isn’t working well… had a bad headache caused by the kids and while they napped… I itchy fingers lo… wanna bake for tml since no sch and I can gave it to my family too.
Did a low sugar orange butter cake using creaming method. One bowl, one mixer, one spatula settled all. who knows!!!!! I on the oven.. never set temperature! The light is on so I blindly send it in… ho seh lo.. no reaction no smell den I realised my oven isn’t preheated at all!!! *sob* *sob*
Faster on to fan mode to get it heat up then change back to no fan once the temp is up.
有惊无险 luckily still got cake to eat…
1 batter became 2 flavour comes out 2 differ pattern low sugar orange marble butter cake.
Make an 7-8″ tin or 2 disposable 6″ tin
- 230g butter
- 100g caster sugar or up to 200g for sweet tooth
- 4 large eggs
- Plain flour 220g
- 1/2 teaspooon baking powder
- 2tablespoon coco powder
- 9 tablespoon orange juice
- Zest from 2 oranges
- Cream butter and sugar till light cream colour..Add in orange zest.
- Add in eggs, one by one.cream till well mixed.
- Slowly fold in the flour by 3 batch.
- Add in 6 tablespoon of orange juice. mix well.
- Divide batter into 2 portion.
- Add coco powder to one portion and the 2-3 tablespoon of orange juice to mix well.
- Scope in the batter and bake 160degee 35-40min till golden brown or till bake.
- Cool it properly then slice it.
Pls note of Ur own oven temp setting.