Very long never made pancakes or is it the rainy weather made them so hungry.. the 2 finished all the pancakes and stare at me when I took 1…
No Sch today and with the rain, we are stucked at home.
So made them some pancakes and they requested for chocolate chips to be added. This recipe never failed me and is so versatile that you can change to any flavour you like
100g cake flour
1 tblsp. sugar
1 tblsp. corn flour
1/2 tblsp. baking powder
1 egg – my egg is 65g including shell
1 tblsp. Vco or corn oil/ sunflower/canola/ melted butter
3 tablespoon chocolate chips
1. Sift in dry ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well with a Hand whisk.
2. Beat an egg in a different bowl, add milk, and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (1.) 1/3 at a time, and mix just until you don’t see any lumps of flour.
4. Add vco and mix again. *DO NOT mix too much!
5. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over low flame. Add in all the chocolate chips into the batter.
7. pour about 1 tblsp of the batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface..I had a lid to cover the pan.
8. Flip with a spatula, then cook for a minute until browned on the other side. Repeat the steps to complete the rest.
To get a matted looking pancake – do not greased any oil on Ur pan if u are using non stick pan.
- As my egg is bigger so I reduced the liquid. If not the batter will be too thin and pancake won’t be fluffy.
If your egg is the 53/55g type, use 100ml milk.
I find that covering the batter while waiting for the bubbles to be formed helps to make it more fluffy.
- Replacement of flour, yes but I have to let u know the texture will be differ as well. You can use plain flour or self raising flour.
- Replacement of oil, I would recommend corn oil, sunflower oil, grape oil, olive oil .. not those cooking oil like knife brand etc
- Vco = VIRGIN COCONUT OIL, you can get it from supermarket. I ordered mine from iherbs.
You can wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze to eat later.
Microwave for a minute and you can enjoy fresh and fluffy pancake.