Madeleines are always the last ting I will thought of because my past Madelines forever can’t get that “hump” and my first set of moulds were already 10yrs old.. hehehe finally my “white elephants” came into usage after my baking frd shared her Madeleines..
I am so attracted and envy of her beautiful Madeleines SO asked if she can shared what’s the secret tricks to it… and the recipe she shared by shiokman was a breeze.. very simple and direct.. best ting is it can be leave in the fridge overnight before baking.
of coz, I give it a oil twist to suit our taste…
So ytd before I jumped into bed, I got the batter done and give it a cold spa.
Baked it this morning…. With her tips…
Viola…. it works….
My 2 rascals were sold to it… Its so fragrant… soft on the inside with crispy crust when serve hot. They immediately had 2 each right after I taken the pictures.
Tips that my Frd shared.
– put batter in fridge for at least 1 to 2 hrs.
( I put overnight)
– heat up mould before pour in the batter
( I preheat it together with the oven)
– starts with recipe temperature 180 degree c first (I used 210 degree c 10mins). P.S. all ovens are different..so make 2 batches to test out your own oven heat.
(* BASED on my oven, I set it to 180 degree but my oven temp was 200 degree)
Recipe adapted from: Shiokman
What I twisted to:
- 3 eggs
- 90g sugar
- Orange zests from 2 oranges.
- 120 g self-raising flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 63 g salted butter (melted)
- Add in eggs into a mixing bowl
- Add in sugar
- Mix at low speed until it turns pale yellow
- Grate orange zest into the mixture
- Add in flour and salt and mix at low speed
- Add in the melted butter and mix until combined
- Refrigerate the batter for at least an hour to get the hump. I leave it overnight.
- Lightly brush non-stick madeleine pan with melted butter
- Fill up the “shells” half filled.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200degee for 10mins until golden brown. ( this is base on my oven setting.)
- Cool the madeleines slightly before removing from the pan
Starting to see the humps forming up… it’s a success!!!!!! Yeap!!!!
Yeap!!!! My first successful batch of Madeleines…
The texture I got…